Forensic science expertise: supporting Criminal Law & Civil Law cases for the prosecution, the defence, private individuals and industry
Forensic Access has been at the heart of UK forensic science since 1986.
The Company was established by Dr Angela Gallop and other highly qualified Home Office forensic scientists to provide proper advice and guidance to defence lawyers for a better balance of forensic science expertise at court, and second opinions for police in cases of uncertainty or concern.
Over the years we have continued to provide high quality services to lawyers and to police forces, making substantial contributions in many high profile cases, for example the murder of Stephen Lawrence and the "Coastal Path" murders.
We also specialise in supporting Civil Law cases with a range of specialist forensic science services.
Forensic Access has an unassailable track record, delivering our breadth of services from our quality accredited laboratories.
Why our customers trust Forensic Access:
- Highly experienced scientists who are not just “analysts” but who are trained to use their forensic skills and science to thoroughly investigate the issues posed by customers. We only employ forensic scientists whom we know share the Forensic Access commitment to quality, quality science and customer service. We also interview and vet all of our consultant forensic scientists. [ Read more about our forensic scientists ]
Our Managing Director, Roger Robson, leads on recruitment, development and management of our forensic scientists.
- A real commitment to quality to ensure our customers get an excellent and robust service. In May 2010 we were awarded accreditation to the international quality standard, ISO 17025 – the first of the smaller forensic science providers to be awarded this much sought-after badge of quality. [ Read more ]
Kathy Clarke, a very experienced forensic science quality manager, manages our internal quality management and heads up our quality consultancy.
- Security and confidentiality: a number of highly secure organisations have recognised our commitment to security and confidentiality: all of our staff are security cleared (many to a very high level); we use secure email systems and our premises are secure to a level required by the Home Office;
- Laboratories / crime scenes / customer premises: we work from our custom-designed, DNA-secure laboratory, at customers’ premises or at crime scenes – our service tailored to our customer’s needs and requirements.
Forensic Access Customers and Services
Forensic Access provides this exceptional forensic science expertise to a range of customers:
- Forensic science for the Criminal Defence Service
Since its formation, Forensic Access has been supporting the Criminal Defence Service by providing expert forensic science services through solicitors and barristers. From major to volume crime our forensic scientists have an extensive range of expertise, enabling us to provide expert forensic scientists who have many years of experience at examining and challenging the work of the prosecution forensic scientists. Forensic Access is also accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board to deliver CPD training, which we do throughout the country.
[ Read more about our forensic services to the defence ]
- Forensic science for the police
We work with individual police forces, particularly for historic case reviews (cold cases), independent case review, major crime and high profile / media sensitive cases and support the police through the larger forensic science organisations – particularly when they need additional support or access to our particular skill set. We are accredited as suppliers to the NPIA’s (now Home Office) National Forensic Framework Agreement. In addition we supply a range of support services, such as proficiency testing, training, quality standards consultancy and other support for in-sourced police laboratories.
[ Read more about forensic science for police and prosecution ]
- Forensic science for Civil Law cases
Forensic science plays an important role in Civil Law cases as well as Criminal Law and Forensic Access has a wealth of experience at providing such expertise across a wide variety of case types.
[ Read more about forensic science in Civil Law cases ]
- Forensic science for industry
Many sectors of industry contract the Forensic Access forensic scientists for their specialist investigative and analytical skills. From product contamination (either deliberate or accidental) to environmental monitoring (for example, checking for DNA contamination on medical or pharmaceutical products) to training, our scientists can often solve tricky problems that a pure analytical scientist would not be able to.
[ Read more about forensic science for industry ]
- Forensic science for private individuals & civil cases
Many private individuals use the expertise of Forensic Access to support them through often difficult private issues or civil cases. Our services are called upon to analyse, for example, substances suspected to be drugs, possibly found in the home, cases of suspected infidelity, questions about parentage and many other family and personal issues.
[ Read more about forensic science for individuals and families ]