Firearms, Ballistics & Weapons Services
Forensic Access is an independent provider of forensic science expertise in the UK and overseas.
Forensic Access can offer an extensive range of expert forensic services for cases (prosecution and defence) involving firearms, ballistics and other weapons.
Our firearms service is led by an extremely experienced forensic firearms expert, Mr Geoff Arnold, whose extensive career includes 28 years with the Metropolitan Police Service and then several years working for specialist forensic science providers. Read a profile of forensic firearms examiner Geoff Arnold.
Our firearms service includes the following (for many of these services we can also offer an “urgent” service):
- weapons classification (for example, offensive weapon categories)
- firearms classification (including Urgent service)
- specialist firearms examination & assessment, including conversions & deactivated weapons/firearms
- ammunition examination
- bullet and cartridge case comparisons
- range determinations (distance of fire)
- specialist technical advice
- crime scene attendance and examination
- expert opinion - wound potential & lethality
- training and awareness in forensic firearms
- ballistic / firearms crime scene reconstructions (including 3-D “walk throughs” to assist with presentations in Court)
- evaluation of wounds and injuries and comment on possible causation by use of particular weapons
- advising on the Legislation of firearms and weapons
- report preparation and statement writing
- expert testimony in Court
We are currently designing additional firearms and weapons services (such as function testing, determination of muzzle energies, CS canister work and examination and assessment of stun guns) and we will update this list as these services become available.
Contact Forensic Access
If you want to find out how we can support your requirements for firearms, weapons and ballistics, please contact Forensic Access.