Wantage, Oxfordshire (OX12 9FA)
£30,000 - £35,000
Permanent, Full time
Group Financial Controller
We're looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the group accounts production and other day to day reporting.
The Assistant Accountant will work within a supportive team environment, reporting directly into the group financial controller. This a varied role and would suit someone who is self-motivated and keen to learn.
Please note: Due to the nature of the role and our work, applicants will be required to be DBS checked, and able to pass a SC/NVVP3 security clearance check. To gain this level of security clearance you must have been resident in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years.
Who are we:
Forensic Access is one of the UK's leading Forensic Science companies with over 30 years in the industry. We have been at the forefront of cold case investigations and our innovative techniques and analysis have helped to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cases.
Over recent years the Forensic Access Group has expanded our services portfolio to include digital forensics and cyber security, forensic archaeology and anthropology, and toxicology.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
- Revenue recognition
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Report and monitor accruals and prepayments
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Calculate the depreciation
- Preparing and circulating the weekly sales reporting
- Supporting in the preparation budgets/forecasts
- Assisting with audit queries
- Preparing utilisation reporting
- Other ad hoc reporting
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong management accounting experience
- AAT qualified (actively studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Critical thinking and problem solving, ability to use initiative
- Strong numerical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional curiosity with a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
The company supports and encourages individuals to grow and develop with their career whilst balancing work and life, truly accommodating with life outside of the business. We are an ambitious, growing group of companies, but we maintain a small company culture. Every team member is valued, with each individual having access to all levels of management, including the CEO who is onsite regularly.
- Company pension
- Healthcare benefit including employee assist program and 24-hour GP line
- Life insurance 3x salary
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working
- Employee recognition/long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
- Gym membership
- Regular social events
What Happens Next?
We are all about our people, following an initial successful application, those progressing to interview will have the opportunity to come into our offices, meet with the team and a tour of our labs. Individuals are the key to our success.
We want to ensure that you are excited to be joining us, as we are for you to be joining us!
Do you think your are the right person for the role? We would love to hear from you! Please apply here.