Forensic Scientist: Fingerprints
Wantage, Oxfordshire (OX12 9FA)
£23,000 - £28,000 D.O.E
Permanent, Full time
We are looking for a Forensic Scientists (Fingerprint Recovery) to join our dynamic and thriving team.
The trainee role would suit somebody who has experience of working within the forensic science sector or who has strong laboratory-based skills from other sectors. However, it is personal qualities that matter most to us, and we would be open to considering individuals with less experience if they can demonstrate that they have the drive and desire to succeed in the role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to launch their career with one of the UK’s leading Forensic Science companies and, after completing our in-house training programme, become a key member of our fingerprint recovery team.
We would also welcome applications from individuals experienced in the field of fingerprint recovery, who have or are currently working in this, or similar roles, to come in to the team at a more experienced level.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must be able to pass a SC/NVVP3 security clearance check. To gain this level of security clearance you must have been resident in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years.
- Receipt and return of items, ensuring that all quality controls are adhered to
- Management of casework files, ensuring full completion at every stage
- Undertake processing of chemical treatments on exhibits as appropriate
- Conduct record photography of case exhibits prior to treatment
- Complete stock control checks of chemicals to ensure stock is replenished as required
- Carrying out lab equipment maintenance checks on a regular basis, as well as general lab maintenance to ensure that the area remains clean and tidy
- Creation of case files where appropriate
- Attendance in court as when required – full training is provided
- Baseline of A level science qualification(s) and good laboratory awareness. Note: A degree is required to progress to a Reporting Forensic Scientist Role.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- An interest in photography/imaging techniques would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to developing a career in forensic science.
- Strong work ethic with the drive to meet the requirements of our customers.
- Excellent team player with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- High attention to detail and a quality focus.
The company supports and encourages individuals to grow and develop with their career whilst balancing work and life, truly accommodating with life outside of the business. We are an ambitious, growing group of companies, but we maintain a small company culture. Every team member is valued, with each individual having access to all levels of management, including the CEO who is onsite regularly.
- Company pension
- Healthcare benefit including employee assist program and 24-hour GP line
- Life insurance 3x salary
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working
- Employee recognition/long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
- Gym membership
- Regular social events
Do you think your are the right person for the role? We would love to hear from you! Please apply here.