IT Support Engineer
Permanent, Full time
In this role you will be the first point of contact for the company’s IT support; therefore, you will be someone who is passionate about giving great customer service and loves what they do. The role involves supporting IT hardware, software and infrastructure both hands-on and remotely. You will be responsible for completing detailed and accurate call records that will be used by the IT team for fault analysis and issue resolution.
Forensic Access is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming the market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
Building on the success of Forensic Access in the traditional forensic disciplines, we have recently acquired the digital forensics and cyber security specialists IntaForensics, and the forensic ecology, archaeology and training specialists Alecto Forensics.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
- Tend to the IT support desk.
- IT Hardware installation & configuration.
- Server & network equipment configuration and administration.
- Update & manage anti-virus, security and software patching products.
- Installation and configuration of printers.
- Ability to provide advice & guidance to users ensuring policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve PC & server faults.
- Support for MS Office Applications & Windows
- General IT support for the business.
- Install and configure Lima internally and for IntaForensics customers ( Lima is our internally developed case management software )
Experience & Qualifications:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Professional) installation and configuration (Essential)
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019 (Essential)
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
- Microsoft Office 365 / Azure (Essential)
- Microsoft Active Directory (Essential)
- PFSense Firewall and LAN switching administration (Desirable)
- Procedure and documentation development
- Active Directory (managing user accounts within AD and Troubleshooting).
- Group Policies (Troubleshooting, Setup).
- Dynamics 365 (Desirable)
- Exchange Online (management of user accounts, Troubleshooting and maintenance).
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating systems and Applications (support).
- LAN and WAN technologies including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, VPN, switching, routing, wired and wireless access (a basic networking understanding).
- Microsoft MCSA(MCP) (Desirable), Cisco CCNA (Desirable)
- Excellent understanding of IT and Network Technology
- At least 2-3 years current commercial experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving license and own transport
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Accurate, methodical and precise
- Excellent analytic and trouble shooting skills, with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own workload.
- Unimpeachable integrity
Please send a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org