£75k - £80k DoE
Permanent, Full time
As part of the senior management team (SMT) of the Group, the Operations Director is responsible for all operational aspects of company strategy and for directing all Group operational activities to ensure that strategic goals and business objectives are met.
Who we are:
Established in 1986, Forensic Access has grown to become widely recognised for delivering world-class services to both defence and prosecution sides of the criminal justice system. Our range of services covers the entire forensic spectrum from Drugs and DNA to Firearms and Fibres.
We have also been at the forefront of cold case investigations for over 35 years, and our innovative techniques and analysis have helped to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cases.
Forensic Access is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming the market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
Building on the success of Forensic Access in the traditional forensic disciplines, we have recently acquired the digital forensics and cyber security specialists IntaForensics, and the forensic ecology, archaeology and training specialists Alecto Forensics.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
- To be a part of the SMT helping lead the business to achieve its business goals
- To lead and direct operations teams to ensure they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to required standards and productivity
- To manage, coach and develop, direct reports to ensure they deliver against agreed objectives and budgets.
- To develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure core operational functions achieve their business objectives
- Control and deliver against agreed operational budgets to ensure the necessary resources are in place to meet operational objectives
- To create effective reporting mechanisms across the operational team, setting up KPIs, monitoring performance and ensuring targets are met
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments at all locations, and thereby meet all pre-requisite Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure the achievement and maintenance of accreditation standards, whilst delivering client services in line with the regulatory requirements of the industry and quality standards (ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 17025, ACPO Guidelines, Forensic Science Regulator’s Code of Practice, ISO 14001)
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective co-ordination of all operational activities
- Ensure delivery of client services, ensuring excellence in all operational matters, to meet existing, and future customer needs
- To keep abreast of latest technical, research and operational developments and advise on all issues relating to operational functions to ensure the company maintains its competitive position
- To identify and implement improvement opportunities in operational and technical practices and work proactively to promote good practice within the operations team and to celebrate success across the wider business
- Leadership & organisational abilities
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Commercial and business analysis abilities
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- A team player with an ability to positively motivate self and others
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed timescales
- Ability to gain immediate credibility and the trust of staff
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications
- Extensive operational experience
- Proven (at least 5 years) leadership skills and experience of leading multi-discipline teams
- Experience of working with laboratory, scientific or service teams and customers
- Strong understanding of service levels and service level management processes
- Excellent IT skills, preferably with experience of MS suite of products and ERP systems
- Ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll receive:
- A role at one of the UK’s best forensic science companies
- £75-80,000 per annum salary
- Flexible working (as per company policy)
- A welcoming team and professional workspace
- Pension and Death in Service benefit as standard
- Private healthcare
NB: You must be able to pass a SC/NVVP3 security clearance check and have the right to work in the UK.
Please send a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org