Geoffrey Arnold PgCert MAE MCSFS
Specialism: firearms and ballistics, weapons and tool marks
Geoff is a highly experienced and well respected forensic firearm and tool mark examiner.
Geoff’s forensic science expertise
Geoff has a number of years of experience as a forensic scientist specialising in:
- Firearms & Weapons Law
- Tool Marks
- Ballistic Incident (Crime scene) Reconstruction
Geoff is certified as an expert witness through Bond Solon in association with Cardiff University. He is experienced in giving evidence at all levels within the judicial system within the UK and internationally.
In addition he is a qualified trainer and experienced lecturer with excellent communication and people skills. He possesses a flair for dealing with the complexities of forensic investigations, which he conducts in a professional manner.
Geoff Arnold has accumulated significant practical experience over a number of years, including:
- eight years military service;
- twenty eight years service with The Metropolitan Police Service
- Firearms Clearing House Manager: influential in the introduction of the Integrated Ballistic Identification System (IBIS) which was incorporated into, and forms the basis of the National Ballistic Intelligence Service, (NABIS);
- Employed by forensic science providers, as a firearms and tool mark examiner and as Head of the Firearms, Weapons and Tool Mark department.
- A consultant with Forensic Access as a Firearm, Weapons and Tool Mark expert and providing forensic firearms examinations, ballistic incident (crime scene) reconstruction and expert testimony.
- Contracted by the British Government (DFID) as a forensic advisor and trainer in Africa.
- Trained a law enforcement agency in Europe.
- A lecturer and trainer for MMI International of Switzerland.
- Senior lecturer for Helston Forensics
- Ballistic advisor for Energy Containment Concepts Limited.
- Lecturer/trainer and forensic scientist for Axiom International Limited
- Visiting lecturer at Cranfield University, Defence Acedemy Shrivenham., Huddersfield University and Wolverhampton University.
- Lecturing and training Crime Scene Examiners and Exhibit Officers at the Metropolitan Police College, Hendon.
- Training Metropolitan Police Service forensic armourers and forensic scientists in forensic examination of firearms, ballistics, weapons and tool marks.
- Consultant and trainer for Atos Consulting
- Forensic consultant and trainer for Leeds Instruments Inc. USA.
He has conducted casework instruction and training internationally that include, African continent, several locations in the Middle East, Europe, Caribbean and Far East.
Geoff’s Most Notable Recent Cases
- Oliver Gobat case, St Lucia
Taha Mahmoud Sabhan, Kuwait Supreme Court
Geoff’s Professional Memberships
Geoff is a member of:
- The Academy of Experts;
- The Chartered Society of Forensic Science;
- Included on the list of Forensic Practitioners held by the Forensic Science Regulator.
(Formerly Registered Forensic Practitioner until the demise of CRFP in March 2009).