Reporting Forensic Scientist (Fingerprint Recovery)
Salary range starting from £27,250 per annum salary (increasing dependant on skills and experience)
Permanent, Full time
Forensic Access are currently recruiting for a Reporting Forensic Scientist (Fingerprint Recovery) to join our dynamic and thriving fingerprint recovery team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join one of the UK’s leading Forensic Science companies and become a key member of our fingerprint team.
Who we are:
Established in 1986, Forensic Access has grown to become widely recognised for delivering world-class services to both defence and prosecution sides of the criminal justice system. Our range of services covers the entire forensic spectrum from Drugs and DNA to Firearms and Fibres.
We have also been at the forefront of cold case investigations for over 35 years, and our innovative techniques and analysis have helped to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cases.
Forensic Access is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming the market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
Building on the success of Forensic Access in the traditional forensic disciplines, we have recently acquired the digital forensics and cyber security specialists IntaForensics, and the forensic ecology, archaeology and training specialists Alecto Forensics.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
- Undertake case assessments to establish appropriate strategy setting to direct the wider fingerprints team
- Management of casework files, ensuring full completion at every stage
- Conduct vetting and marking recovered ridge detail on exhibits
- Use of high intensity light sources
- Digital capture (photography) of recovered marks
- Design, preparation and completion of validation and development projects for new or existing techniques
- Write and prepare case reports with presentation in court as required
- Receipt and return of items, ensuring all quality controls are adhered to
- Undertake processing of chemical treatments on exhibits as appropriate
- Conduct record photography of case exhibits prior to treatment
- Complete stock control checks of chemicals to ensure all stock is replenished as required
- Carrying out lab equipment maintenance checks on a regular basis, as well as general lab maintenance to ensure that the area remains clean and tidy
- Creation of case files where appropriate
- Attendance in court as required
- Competent in a range of fingerprint enhancement techniques.
- Competent in vetting and selection of friction ridge marks.
- A degree in relevant field.
- Ability to undertake technical photography of recovered marks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong work ethic with the drive to meet the requirements of our customers.
- Excellent team player with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- High attention to detail and a quality focus.
What you’ll receive:
- A role at one of the UK’s best forensic science companies
- Salary range starting from £27,250 per annum salary (increasing dependant on skills and experience)
- Flexible working (as per company policy)
- A welcoming team and professional workspace
- Pension and Death in Service benefit as standard
- Private healthcare
NB: Applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK and must be able to pass security vetting (NPPV3/SC Level) which requires a minimum of three years continual residence in the UK.
Please send a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org