Reporting Forensic Scientist (Fingerprint Recovery)
Wantage, Oxfordshire (OX12 9FA)
£27,000 - £32,000
Permanent, Full time
Forensic Access are currently recruiting for a Reporting Forensic Scientist (Fingerprint Recovery) to join our dynamic and thriving fingerprint recovery team.
The role would suit somebody who has experience of working within the Fingerprint Enhancement Laboratory.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join one of the UK’s leading Forensic Science companies and become a key member of our fingerprint recovery team.
Who are Forensic Access?
Forensic Access is one of the UK's leading Forensic Science companies with over 30 years in the industry. We have been at the forefront of cold case investigations and our innovative techniques and analysis have helped to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cases.
Over recent years the Forensic Access Group has expanded our services portfolio to include digital forensics and cyber security, forensic archaeology and anthropology, and toxicology.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
- Ability to undertake Simple and complex strategies relating to Fingerprints evidence. Including participating in the production of multi-discipline strategies (biology/firearms)
- Examination, processing and reporting of casework (fingerprint)
- Undertake peer review of appropriate casework.
- Attendance at court as and when required.
- Training and mentoring of staff (fingerprints)
- Maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Receipt and return of items, ensuring that all quality controls are adhered to
- Management of casework files, ensuring full completion at every stage
- Undertaking all work and processes in line with the quality management system.
- Conduct record photography of case exhibits prior to treatment
- Complete stock control checks of chemicals to ensure stock is replenished as required
- A Degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline, or sufficient relevant experience to demonstrate all relevant competencies.
- Sufficient relevant experience (at least 3 years) working within a forensic environment.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- An interest in photography/imaging techniques would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to developing a career in forensic science.
- Strong work ethic with the drive to meet the requirements of our customers.
- Excellent team player with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- High attention to detail and a quality focus.
The company supports and encourages individuals to grow and develop with their career whilst balancing work and life, truly accommodating with life outside of the business. We are an ambitious, growing group of companies, but we maintain a small company culture. Every team member is valued, with each individual having access to all levels of management, including the CEO who is onsite regularly.
- Company pension
- Healthcare benefit including employee assist program and 24-hour GP line
- Life insurance 3x salary
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working
- Employee recognition/long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
- Gym membership
- Regular social events
What Happens Next?
We are all about our people, following an initial successful application, those progressing to interview will have the opportunity to come into our offices, meet with the team and a tour of our labs. Individuals are the key to our success.
We want to ensure that you are excited to be joining us, as we are for you to be joining us!
Please note: Due to the nature of the role and our work, applicants will be required to be DBS checked, and able to pass a SC/NVVP3 security clearance check. To gain this level of security clearance you must have been resident in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years.
Do you think your are the right person for the role? We would love to hear from you! Please apply here.