Who are we:
Forensic Access has a longevity and a legacy to be proud of, Formed in 1986 as an independent supplier of quality forensic science services. We have built and enviable reputation for our work in many different sectors, providing investigative and analytical forensic science, consultancy, project work, training and quality management services.
What we are looking for:
Forensic Access are currently recruiting for a Trainee Forensic Fingerprint Enhancement Officer to join our dynamic and thriving team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to launch their career with one of the UK’s most leading Forensic Science companies and, after completing our in-house training programme, become a key member of our fingerprint team.
The role would suit somebody who has some experience of working within the forensic science sector. However, it is personal qualities that matter most to us, and we would be open to considering individuals with less experience if they can demonstrate that they have the drive and desire to succeed in the role.
You must be able to demonstrate commitment to developing a career in forensic science. Have an interest in photography or image creation. You will be a hard worker with the drive to meet the requirement of our customers. Additionally, you must be an excellent team player with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and have a keen eye for detail and a quality focus.
You should have a baseline of A level science qualification(s) and good laboratory awareness as well as the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our team, want to know more? Apply below!
Job Title: Trainee Forensic Fingerprint Enhancement Officer
Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire
Salary: £20-22,000 per annum Contract Type: Permanent, Full time (subject to security clearance)
Reporting to: Technical Lead
• You will be carrying out a range of fingerprint enhancement techniques.
• Imaging marks and preparing for the customer.
• Writing and preparing/ peer review of customer reports.
• Handling / management of forensic exhibits & storage thereof.
• Design, preparation and completion of validation and development projects for new or existing techniques.
• Day to day laboratory duties including prep, clean, facilities and maintaining stock levels
• Minimum of 2 science ‘A’ Levels or Science related qualification(s)
• Analytical and proactive approach to work
• A keen eye for detail and record keeping
• Data input accuracy and accountability
• Willingness to learn and develop your skills
• A team player and excellent communicator
• Previous experience as a fingerprint enhancement technician is desirable
Training and Self Development:
Training is offered in this role and will be agreed with you by your manager.
What you’ll receive:
A role at one of the UK’s best forensic science companies.
£20-22,000 per annum salary
Flexible working (as per company policy)
A welcoming team and professional workspace
Pension and Death in Service benefit as standard
CV and Cover letter to be sent to Jane Shorey HR Manager at Forensic Access Ltd – Careers@forensic-access.co.uk
NB: Applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK and will be subject to security vetting
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay up to date with all news and events