Forensic Access covers the full range of these Chemistry disciplines and, in addition, is unique amongst independent forensic science providers in having its own Fingerprint Enhancement Laboratory, accredited by UKAS to the ISO 17025 standard.
- The enhancement of fingerprints and submission of recovered marks to IDENT1, the National Fingerprint Database.
- The comparison of footwear impressions from scenes with items of footwear.
- The examination and comparison of footwear marks on bodies and clothing.
- Enhancement and recovery of footwear marks at scenes.
- Podiatry: “foot in shoe” examinations to establish the habitual wearer of items of footwear.
- Glove and Tyre Marks
- The comparison of the recovered glove and tyre marks with gloves and vehicles.
- Trace Examination
- The recovery and comparison of paint, glass, fibres and other trace material.
- The examination of marks and comparison with tools such as bolt croppers and screwdrivers to establish whether a particular tool has made the mark.
- Examination of damage on clothing and other items to establish the cause of the damage and the instrument used to cause the damage.
- Fires and Accelerants
- Examination of scenes, vehicles and clothing to establish the origin and cause of the fire and the use of accelerants.
Are you looking to ensure your deadlines are met?
We offer free initial consultation with advice and support at all stages.
What our customers say
The quality of the DNA report was excellent and there were no complaints from the Barrister. When I need an expert about any discipline I always go straight to Forensic Access.