DIGITAL & COMPUTER FORENSICS
Computer & Digitial Forensic Services
Forensic Access is pleased to offer a wide range of digital and computer forensic services from a team of highly experienced experts
Computer Forensics involves the collection, preservation, extraction, analysis and presentation of digital evidence recovered from a computer system, or other storage media, such as floppy disks, CD’s, DVD’s, USB drives, storage cards, and external hard drives. Forensic examinations are thorough, tightly controlled and fully documented examinations of computers and associated storage.
Forensic Access offer computer forensic services for civil and criminal law cases, for the prosecution and defence, for industry and for individuals. Computers and digital evidence occur in almost any crime / case types and we have recently been asked to assist with digital forensic work for:
- complex fraud and litigation issues
- hacking of company office systems
- misconduct in the workplace
- drugs crimes
- paedophile & pornography enquiries
- other sexual offences
- human trafficking
- criminal damage
The work we are most commonly asked to undertake in a forensic computing investigation includes:
- internet activity and history
- finding and retrieving pornographic or indecent material
- copyright and intellectual property theft
- breaches of acceptable use policies
- retrieving email correspondence, deleted emails, address book contacts and calendar entries
- dates and times of key events
- user identification
- data recovery and deletion
- the imaging of hard disks from servers
- securing the volatile data held in RAM and perform analysis on this if required.
Computer / electronic data can take many forms, for example: documents, pictures, e-mails or internet activity and any of these may have been deleted, hidden, fragmented or copied from another source. It is possible for our digital forensic specialists to recover such files, and provide detailed explanations of the history of the files.
Computer data is by nature very fragile and can easily be altered, damaged or even destroyed by improper handling or examination. Therefore, we follow and apply best practice forensic analysis procedures and use specialised data-handling tools to ensure the integrity of the data is not compromised and the quality of the data and analysis remains intact throughout the forensic investigation process. Our experts adhere to the ACPO Good Practice Guidelines for Electronic Evidence.
Our digital forensics experts use a range of specialist software and hardware for performing forensic investigations and retrieving data. Our software tools include (but are not limited to):
- EnCase Forensic
- AccessData FTK
- Cellebrite UFED
- MicroSystemation XRY
- Internet Evidence Finder
- NUIX Proof Finder
- Helix Pro
As well as this specialised software our experts use a range of digital forensics hardware including Tableau Hardware write blockers and Cellebrite UFED.
Why Use Forensic Access’ Digital Forensics Experts?
- our computer forensics experts are ex-law enforcement staff
- all our digital forensics personnel are Security Cleared to NPP L2 and CTC
- we offer UK wide coveragage
- our experts use Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) compliant procedures
- all computer forensics work is carried out in a secure digital forensics facility
- seamless examinations of any other associated forensic evidence